The approved project “GEUSIS TOUR” regards the Priority Axis 1: Competitiveness , Specific Objective 1.1 Strengthening Entrepreneurship of Territorial Cooperation Programme ” Greece – Cyprus 2007-2013″ under the “European Territorial Cooperation”.
Project Partners of “GEUSIS Tour” are:
- LEAD PARTNER : Region of Crete – Regional Unit Rethymno (Crete, Greece)
- PARTNER 2: Cretan Quality Agreement (Crete, Greece)
- PLAYER 3: Network of Winemakers in Heraklion (Crete, Greece)
- PARTNER 4: Tourism Development and Promotion District Troodos (Cyprus)
The context and objectives of the project involve the intervention area, Crete – Cyprus wherever there is evidence for the evolution to a culinary tourism destination by developing a form of tourism that has as its main purpose of getting acquainted with the local food culture . The aim of the cooperating partners is the development of gastronomy and wine tourism with significant positive effects such as:
- The use of local materials and traditional products
- Strengthen of local production,
- Enrichment and competitiveness of the tourism supply
- Strengthening of local identity
- The emergence of taste in attraction and development.
Through this work, actions are promoted to verify the quality of the local cuisine, which will lead to the strengthening of its identity. Also through specific actions, an effort is being made to communicate and cooperate agencies and business logic for information, awareness, sharing of expertise which will create culinary packages and gastronomic tourism infrastructure .